Sunday 4 August 2013

Celebrating 25 Years of Birdfair

The August edition of British Birds arrived yesterday, in the post, with a nice surprise. The 80 page Official Programme for Birdfair 2013 had been included. I usually purchase a copy when I visit the event and it is particularly useful to have a copy well in advance to be able to plan my visit.

This international wildlife event is celebrating 25 years 1989 - 2013 and this will be my third consecutive year of attending. The Fair runs from Friday 16th to Sunday 18th August and is held at the Rutland Water Nature Reserve. More information here www.birdfair.org.uk

For the third year I will be staying here: http://www.thecrownrutland.co.uk a fabulous pub with accommodation, quality real ales, a comprehensive selection of single malts, proper English food and a great atmosphere. The pub is located in Uppingham, a delightful market town in Rutland.


No comments:

Post a Comment