Saturday 4 May 2019

Book #20 The Never Game

The Never GameThe Never Game by Jeffery Deaver
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

My thanks to Harper Collins UK and NetGalley for the opportunity to read this ARC. It has received several 5 Star reviews and I regret to differ. This galley was so peppered with typographical errors it spoiled any enjoyment. It needs saying because proof readers are going to have one hell of a job correcting the text.

Beyond that, the protagonist Colter Shaw, is an interesting character. Different. He generates an income by following up rewards offered by individuals to help find missing persons. He is good at it. An individual schooled in survival and tracking techniques by his father. When a student is kidnapped from a park in CA her disconsolate father offers a $10,000 reward for her safe return. The nub of the story that is composed around the lucrative video gaming industry. I have never played a video game and could not develop any interest in the plot. It's a pity. It just wasn't for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment