Monday 22 January 2018

Book #3/2018 Tell Me the Truth about Love

Tell Me the Truth about LoveTell Me the Truth about Love by W.H. Auden
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Perhaps noticeable by my absence for a while. Saturday 6th January I was rushed to hospital; severe back pain turned out to be caused by a massive aortic artery aneurysm. Five hours later I was on the operating table - for 4.5 hours - on bypass, for a repair to the aorta. Six days of ICU and high dependency care. Discharged nine days ago and now on the long road to recovery. It has knocked me sideways and has (only temporarily I hope) ruined my love of reading. My enthusiasm is lost.

Tell Me the Truth about Love - fifteen poems by W.H.Auden - I had finished on 5th January. It is a small joy and contains one of his best known works: Funeral Blues. Fortunately I have avoided this becoming more appropriate....

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment