Wednesday 21 December 2016

Book #86 The Last Time I Saw Paris

The Last Time I Saw ParisThe Last Time I Saw Paris by Lynn Sheene
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A romance, a drama that unfolds in occupied France during the 2nd World War. Lynne Sheene is a longtime Francophile (I count myself as one) and her research for this novel has been impeccable. I was able to follow the exploits of Claire Harris Stone through familiar streets of Paris, with ease. Claire flees a glamorous Manhattan lifestyle built on lies and follows her lover to Paris. Perhaps rather naive of events unfurling in Europe she finds herself in a city overrun by Nazi soldiers and, in exchange for false identity papers, Claire agrees to aid the French Resistance.

TLTISP is well written with a plot that contains many moments of suspense and after many incidents of despair leads to a satisfying conclusion. Another novel that evinces the courage of Parisians in the face of Nazi brutality, not quite as harrowing as The Nightingale, but an enjoyable read nevertheless.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment