Tuesday 6 October 2015

The Children Act

The Children ActThe Children Act by Ian McEwan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

“One of the best and most perfect novels I’ve ever read’ said Michael Frayn. I agree. The Children Act by Ian McEwan is one of the best and most perfect novels I have ever read. A quite beautiful work of fiction. Not a word out of place in prose that is quintessentially English in its restraint. In one word he can hint at depths of emotion. Lyrical, spellbinding and in some ways unaccountably romantic, devastating, gripping and heartbreaking. This is the work of a great writer.

Fiona Maye is a leading High Court judge, intelligent and sensitive. She is called on to try an urgent case. For religious reasons a seventeen year old boy is refusing the medical treatment that could save his life. Time is running out... Her judgement will have momentous consequences...

In little more than 200 pages McEwan will hold you in awe as only a master storyteller can.

I urge you to read this.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment