Thursday 12 February 2015

Thinning Out

I had put it off long enough. I just had to thin out our collection of books. Every bookcase in the house is full, books are stacked up beside bookcases, books are stacked up beside books, beside bookcases, books are stacked on bedside cabinets and besides - we have a significant collection of Kindle books.


This bookcase is in the lounge - full - and is mirrored with a similar bookcase on the other side of the chimney breast. We have bookcases in the bedrooms and a bookcase in the dining room...

And so it was, with much heart-searching, that I selected 60 books for donation to the local Hospice charity shop. The folk there were delighted with my gift. So now I have some shelf-space to load some of the books that are stacked beside the books beside the books.

And I must try and stop paying visits to Waterstones, at least for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment