Thursday 20 March 2014

Wonderful, Wonderful Copenhagen

Well, at least that's the way the song goes doesn't it? As sung by Danny Kaye many moons ago?  Friendly old girl of a town, it continues. Not sure about the 'old girl' connection but I do have wonderful memories of my visits here. So, I am delighted that my wife, Ros, has agreed to a holiday in Copenhagen to celebrate her birthday towards the end of April. Yes, of course I am going too - I'm paying!

I have booked accommodation at the delightful Hotel Alexandra http://www.hotelalexandra.dk/ where I have stayed before. I love this hotel situated right in the heart of Copenhagen and near to the Tivoli Gardens. And furnished with elegant and classic Danish furniture. It doesn't come cheap but then nothing does in this Danish capital.

Copenhagen also has my favourite antiquarian bookshop anywhere in Europe. Hours of blissful browsing...

Yes, I am looking forward to this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment