Friday 24 January 2014

Weather - Forecast or Fantasy

I should not have taken notice of the local weather forecast this morning: 80% chance of rain all day. So, I postponed my visit to Warnham Nature Reserve and busied myself preparing all the garden bird feeders in readiness for the Big Garden Birdwatch that occurs this weekend. And I did all this in the dry - no sign of rain and it is now 12:30pm. I should have stuck to my original plan. Oh well...

I was watched closely by a Robin as I topped up the feeders - the first Robin I have seen this year. And a juvenile Dunnock showed keen interest in the food that finished up on the ground.


And the Goldfinches got stuck into the sunflower seeds as soon as I disappeared indoors.


Meanwhile I shall have lunch and then continue reading the book about Bletchley Park and the wartime code-breakers......


No comments:

Post a Comment